A Great American School
In 2002, DHS was one of six schools nation-wide to earn the recognition as a "Great American High School". The formula for making a great place to go to school and learn was simple:
- Make school relevant to our students' future careers
- Teach them math, science, English, and social studies—every year
- Get parents involved
- Use local resources, starting with SOSU
- Keep classes small
The results have been higher ACT scores, low student-teacher ratios, a low dropout rate, and better attendance. Most of our students attend college, and nearly all have a career path by the time they graduate, statistics show.
- Picture Day is Wednesday, September 24. Order portraits now at MyLifetouch.com using Picture Day ID TX324745Y0.
- Durant High School Writing Gallery
- DHS MEDIA TEAM WEEKLY PODCAST
- NEW ONLINE LIONS ROAR NEWSPAPER